Information on the course.
This four-hour course deals specifically with the moving and handling of a person without harm coming to that person. It is most relevant to health and social care workers and providers.
- You will learn to move and handle people safely so that risks are reduced.
- Risk assessment
- Principles of handling people who need assistance with their care.
- Assisting mobility.
- Assisting people in chairs.
- Assisting people in beds inc. use of a slide sheet.
- The use of equipment inc. Hoisting.
Assessment and certification
Candidates are assessed by the trainer through observation. Successful candidates will receive a certificate of attendance valid for 12 months
This course is interactive and therefore it is requested that all delegates are dressed appropriately.