Information on the course.
Delegates will be able to create/have input into care plans for the dying, to ensure that the person has a good death in a positive and stress-free environment.
- Introduction and explanation.
- End of life care strategy.
- Attitudes and fears about death and dying.
- Good and bad experiences of death and dying.
- Advanced care planning.
- Symptom management.
- Advance Directives.
- Roles and responsibilities in end of life care.
- Last offices.
- Grief and loss.
Assessment and Certification
Delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. A certificate of attendance will be awarded upon completion.
This course is better with smaller groups but is achievable with larger – to bear in mind that some may wish to ‘open up’ about a person cared for, being cared for or indeed a relative.
It is respectfully asked that staff should not be expected to be on duty. Staff who do attend should be available for the full session.